We've created this guide with the basic info you'll need for your stay.
Tap each link to be brought to that Google Maps location easily!
If going out remember to bring your mask with you, most places won't let you in without a mask. Hand sanitization will be required in most places and your temperature might also be measured.
Networks available: La Capital FD, La Capital LR, La Capital PR
Where to eat nearby
If you don't want to go out, a great option is using Uber Eats or Rappi - the main food delivery apps. They have lots of options.
Places within walking distance:
- Rinconcito Cusqueño (Peruvian. 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM).
- House Pizzeria (Pizza. 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM).
- La Parrillita de Pepe (Colombian. 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM).
- Spoon (Local food, pastries and desserts. 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM).
- La Comidita Criolla (Local food, open for breakfast hours only)
- Rostizzados (Roasted chicken, chicken-related local dishes. 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM).
- La Fabbrica (Wood-oven pizzas and italian food. 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM)
- Republica Casa Cervecera (Gastropub. 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM)
- Mantras (Vegetarian/Vegan)
- Huaraches (Mexican)
- La Gauchada (Argentinian. 12:00 PM to 10:00 PM)
- La Princesa Marina (Seafood and local. 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM)
- Pops (Ice cream and desserts. 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM).
- Soda Tapia (Local food. 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM)
- La Tacopedia (Mexican. 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM)
Where to get a SIM Card
You will find a Kolbi office nearby here. This location is for their headquartes but on the main level you'll find an office where you can get your SIM card and set it up.
We recommend you purchase it directly at any of the carriers' office/store, if you buy a SIM card at the supermarket it's a little bit difficult to activate and register it by yourself.
Where to get a COVID test
Rohrmoser, Mediplaza or Escazu
Laboratorio San Jose
WhatsApp number for booking your test appointment: +(506) 6063-6363
Rohrmoser, Sabana or Trejos Montealegre
WhatsApp number for booking test: +(506) 8933-0707
Rohrmoser or Escazu
What to visit in San José downtown
Jacó - 7:00, 9:00, 11:00, 13:00, 15:00, 18:00 - Terminal 7-10
La Fortuna - 8:40 AM - Terminal 7-10.
Puerto Viejo/Cahuita - 6:00, 10:00, 14:00, 16:00 - Terminal MEPE
Manuel Antonio 6:00, 9:00, 10:30, 12:00, 13:15, 14:30, 18:00 - Terminal Tracopa
Santa Teresa/Montezuma/Malpais - 6:30 AM (Mon-Sat) & 15:00 Sundays - Terminal 7-10.
Monteverde - 6:30, 14:30 - Terminal 7-10.
Irazu Volcano - 8:00 AM In front of National Theatre.
Need any other route? Let us know and we'll give you the info!
*Frequencies on some routes may be subject to changes due to the reduces volume of travellers during the pandemic.
Dinner & Nightlife
- Amor de Barrio
- Mercado La California
- Jardín de Lolita
- Mercado Escalante
- Neon Ice
These are some suggestions, but it's best to walk around these areas and decide based on the atmosphere, especially now with Covid restrictions.
Where to eat in San José downtown
On the meantime, don't miss out eating at the central market. Also, anything that has "Soda"on their name is usually an indicator of great and cheap local food :)
Airport - Hostel: $25 USD (1-4 people)
Hostel - Airport: $20 USD (1-4 people)
We have same day laundry service for $8, includes wash & dry.